Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Aug 2, 2009

Prom

Posted by VON






i slept at 2am the night before prom. and my date, brandon slept at 4am. haha so much for beauty sleep!

on prom day itself, it was just another saturday. got up at 11am, had brunch and watched tv. it felt so normal. then it started raining which was a total a put off! the havoc started at 3pm when i started to get all my stuff ready for prom. a lil delay got its revenge. i had an appointment to do my hair at 4pm and my make up at 5pm. i only reached the hair salon at 4.15pm. we all did our hair together, yeeming, kath, joyce and i. i only wanted to iron my hair like i always have it, but my stylist insisted that he styles my hair for me because straight hair is a lil boring for the whole dinner look. so with a heavy heart, i agreed. for one, i really don't like it when someone wants to style my hair when i'm unsure about how it'll look like. i hate taking risks with my hair. so he took out the curling iron, and curled my hair. he said he was gonna go for the natural curls look. at the end of it, i was pretty alright with my hair i guess.

i was only done with my hair at 5.30pm. i was so late for my make up appointment. i was rushing the make up artist to do my make up quickly. poor her. but she made me look good even while rushing, so kudos to her ;p

after getting my hair and make up done, i changed into my dress, got all my stuff and left to ghotel.







brandon reached ghotel at 7pm and i reached 5 minutes later, to find him waiting in the hotel lobby for me. boy, did i, he; WE look good! ;D







we went up to the second floor, to the salon ballroom. we got our tickets punched and made our way to our table. once everyone was seated, dinner was served. i didn't eat just yet, because i was the opening act for prom. brandon didn't eat either as he was taking a walk with me outside the ballroom while i was getting ready to sing. i sang Cry by Mandy Moore. it's from the movie A Walk To Remember.






brandon took these pictures of me during my performance. i forgot to tell him to record it. i hope someone did. eek! after my performance, brandon walked me back to our table and then we went outside to get some food. we didn't eat much at all, which was very disappointing. but oh well, i guess we were having too much fun by just talking and enjoying each others' company :)






my hot date; brandon james.



while eating, we were serenaded by daniel and jj. the first slow dance song was played by them, but brandon and i didn't want to dance to their song, because their song was mainly dedicated to andy and rebecca who celebrated their one year anniversary that night. congrats, you two! :)





prom queen and i





silly lara who crashed the prom 15 minutes after my performance! :(


prom - it was way better than i expected. a few things screwed up here and there, like the fashion show was canceled and the band was scraped off, but it was alright. well, to be honest, certain parts of prom was.. blah! haha but brandon and i took a stroll outside the ballroom. we sat on the couch just to chill and talk.

after that was time for the slow dance. brandon asked me to dance with him and we made our way to the dance floor, to join the other couples who were already there. people kept bumping into brandon as the dance floor was so small, so we stood at the side of the dance floor as there was just enough space for the two of us. the dj played the two songs i prepared for this. You And Me by Lifehouse and I'll Be by Edwin McCain; two very romantic songs. i enjoyed myself during the slow dance. you did good, bran! haha :) xx


after that was time for games. we escaped playing king, queen, jack but went in just in time to see who won.




games; treasure hunt and king, queen, jack



and then the real fun started.
welcome to Club MGS, baby! :D






dancing was the best part of prom. girlfriends, our dates and lotsa grindin was involved babeh! the dj played songs from Pitbull, we echoed "Boom Boom Pow" and we even went Bollywood with "Jai Ho", baby! brandon was so happy when they played "Hotel Room Service" and "Fire Burnin" haha! he's so cute when he's dancing! i led him to the center of the dance floor and he loved the attention from the girls! that boy can dance ;p haha we were in our own world, not bothering about anything and just letting loose. everyone danced, everyone! it was so awesome to see everyone being laid back and pumping it up to the fast clubbing songs. promises were made to go clubbing after spm. lol! i. can't. wait. ;D





a very tired brandon and yvonne on the phone with oliver



well, that was prom, firsthand. i'm still having a hangover of all the dancing and the partying. boy did we get high! haha thanks babes for everything. still can't believe prom actually came and has ended. after all those months of planning and anticipating. nevertheless, i'm not trying to sound cheesy, but it truly was a night to remember. love all of yall xx





cheers to mgs graduating class of 09!

0 comments:

Post a Comment